Thursday, May 12, 2005

Lilac Flowers

The lilacs are in full bloom. Love the color and the heavenly scent. DH and I walk every night and the damp air is just heavy with wonderful fragrance. I’ve included a page from my nature journal, below. Drawing, for me, is a means to an end (helping me get over in my right brain so I can be more creative in my design work) rather than an end in itself.

Today I will be working on Santa outfits for awhile. I have some hand sewing I can do outdoors so I can enjoy the lovely weather. At 52, I have noticed that I see much better outdoors, too, for detailed work. After the outfits are completed, they will be tea or coffee/vanilla stained.


On today’s Italian menu – farfalle in pesto sauce (from a jar) with steamed broccoli – one of our favorites!


Journal Sketch: Lilac

No comments: