Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Columbine Flowers

I love my columbine flowers. They are bravely blooming in my overgrown and largely neglected cottage/herb garden. I am overrun with marjoram and mint and need to do some thinning and transplanting. Anyway, here is a beautiful image I found in Google of stylized columbine flowers done in a combination of appliqué and embroidery on an antique quilt.

Today’s pasta recipe is caramelized onions and garlic with cavetelli from the Better Homes and Gardens’ little booklet, Easy Vegetarian Meals. I searched the Better Homes and Gardens web site for the recipe to share, unsuccessfully, but I did find something that looked like fun – and worth exploring at a later time. You can create your own cookbook on-line. Click
here for the details. You have to have them printed and bound yourself and you may distribute them as gifts. Cute idea!

Columbine

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, Wow - that is a wonderful link to the Columbine. Thanks!

Conni said...

I knew you'd like it! Very similar in style to your pansies and butterflies...