Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Dogwood Tree

The dogwood tree is in flower. Ours is a Kousa dogwood (Cornus kousa) and blooms a little later than other varieties. We planted this tree as a memorial to our dear Alaskan malamute, Quinn the Eskimo, after his death at age thirteen in January of 1987. Great dog – great tree… DH and I are in our early 50s and never had children. The passage of time is measured by treasured pets loved and lost.

Today, I am working on Santa dolls for a few hours; lightly needle sculpting two faces and appliquéing the lips, applying gesso, and sewing a jacket I made from the vintage table runner purchased last week.


Today’s Italian recipe was
asparagus and farfalle. I am definitely adding that to my cooking repertoire – it was so good! Because we work from home most days, we have our big meal at noon and a light meal in the early evening.

Dogwood Flowers

No comments: