Monday, May 30, 2005

Happy Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day, the day we pay tribute to those who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom. Here is a beautiful essay on the real meaning of the holiday written by the mom of a young, recently fallen soldier in Iraq.

This afternoon I’m stuffing the Italian Dream Challenge doll and dressing a Santa. My plan is to get the Santa finished as soon as possible and have him photographed for the homepage of a new web site I’m designing just for my shabby line of Kringles, “Shanty Clauses.” I’m hoping to get that launched sometime by mid-summer, depending on how busy we are with The Art Room (our graphic design/photography business).

Today’s Italian meal was San Giorgio Florentine fettuccine with Classico Alfredo sauce and a nice, big salad.

Everyone have a safe and blessed holiday.

No comments: