Saturday, March 19, 2016

Regency Dress for Miss Elinor Dashwood

I made Elinor's dress from the same modified Morrissey pattern as Marianne's (see previous post) with two alterations.  The sleeves were made from a contrasting fabric (to give the appearance of separate pieces) and the skirt was gathered in the back, leaving the front straight.  I have a doll who wants to pretend she is Austen's Emma Woodhouse - so it's back to the sewing machine, I guess...

Monday, March 14, 2016

A Little Sewing...

It’s rainy and cold, today – and hard to believe that temperatures reached into the upper 70s just a couple of days ago.  The weather is supposed to warm up again next week.
I haven’t posted for a while because I’ve been really busy with our courtroom presentation business.  But, I have begun to sew again, just a little.  I made a pretty spring outfit for my American Girl doll, Saige.  The fabric was from an old photography backdrop that DH no longer needed.  It is some sort of synthetic but it looks like slubbed silk.  I made the gathered ribbon flower from the same satin ribbon as the sash.


And I finally got around to making a Regency dress for one of my 23” dolls.  I used a heavily modified Morrissey pattern and some leftover coordinated fabric I had used for bedroom curtains in the 80s!  So, here is one of my favorite dolls posing as Marianne Dashwood from Jane Austen’s SENSE AND SENSIBILITY.  I was so pleased with the results that I added it to my Etsy store.  I intend to create a couple more of these.  At the very least, I need to make an outfit for Marianne’s sister, Elinor.