I’ve had so much fun this year experimenting with embellished and embroidered felt that I wanted to try it out on a Santa outfit. I cut poinsettia shapes out of red, deep pink and green felt and machine-embellished them onto a vest made from plush fleece. I will be outlining all of the flowers with back stitches and adding some green beads to the centers. As you can see, the front flowers are nearly done. I love the freedom of using simple back stitches to outline shapes. Not being too fussy or precise, I think the look is kind of free-wheeling and primitive. Anyway, it is a joy to work on!
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I just got around to making some pants for Gulli, using a vintage Ken doll Bermuda shorts pattern with a minor adjustment to the waist. The fly front closes with a snap. The shorts (for a 12 inch doll) were almost the perfect length for slacks on Gulli (8 inches tall). I’ll make them just a smidgen longer next time. Poor Gulli is so happy to finally be out of girl clothes! Now, he needs some sort of shirt or knit top.
Friday, September 04, 2009
Tuesday, September 01, 2009
The design on the top reminded me of leopard spots. When I was working on the rows, it occurred to me that the same pattern could be easily modified to create a primitive little floral border. Okay, this could become addictive…