Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Santa Vest in Progress...

I’ve had so much fun this year experimenting with embellished and embroidered felt that I wanted to try it out on a Santa outfit. I cut poinsettia shapes out of red, deep pink and green felt and machine-embellished them onto a vest made from plush fleece. I will be outlining all of the flowers with back stitches and adding some green beads to the centers. As you can see, the front flowers are nearly done. I love the freedom of using simple back stitches to outline shapes. Not being too fussy or precise, I think the look is kind of free-wheeling and primitive. Anyway, it is a joy to work on!


2 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

These are just lovely and so festive for the holidays. I can't wait to see the Santa in it! blessings,Kathleen

allie aller said...

Oh Oh OH! This is so yummy and perfect for Santa. I hope you will show him when he is all finished.