Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Doll Challenge Update

Today is rainy and chilly – had to have the wood stove on last night. I am far enough along on the Italian Dream Challenge doll to believe I may actually get her finished, especially with the deadline extended to June 30th. I’ve just been working on her a little at a time as my schedule permitted. I still have a couple of logistical problems to sort out, one of which is how to affix her to a support of some kind.

I finished reading Forster’s A Room with a View and loved it. There is a great line in it that is so true. One of the characters, quoting a friend of his, says, “Life is a public performance on the violin, in which you must learn the instrument as you go along.”

Our Italian meal was raviolis with homemade marinara sauce (sauce recipe in archives, May 13, 2005, Marinara Sauce and the Fourth Tenor) We have really been enjoying the food of Italy this month but have to admit, at this point, a nice Indian curry or Chinese stir-fry wouldn’t go amiss…

No comments: