Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Wedding Collage UFO

Hey! Anybody out there? I have been keeping a journal (morning pages) for the past five years as per Julia Cameron’s book, The Artist’s Way, but talking to myself does seem a little embarrassing in so public a forum as the internet. Yikes! Anyway, here is a UFO (one of way too many) on which I’m currently working. It’s a crazy quilted wedding collage that will fit into a wooden frame tray. Here is the focal point, which is a wedding photograph of my great aunt and uncle (circa early 1900s). The scan was direct- printed to canvas (not transferred) on my ink jet printer (Epson Stylus Photo 2200). I still have lots of work to do on the project - beading, adding buttons and an antique lace appliqué. I’m hoping to work the little angel button from yesterday’s post in somewhere. By the way, that button measures only 1/2 inch.

Wedding Collage 4-5-05

No comments: