Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Springtime in Italy… Sort of

The weather has been heavenly the past few days, highs in the 70s, low humidity, although it’s a bit more like summer today. This kind of weather always reminds me of the Mark Twain quote: "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."

My wonderful package of materials and rules for the
Italian Dream Challenge arrived over the weekend and I’ll be working on that today. I’ve already enlarged the pattern, traced it and transferred it to Bristol board – so I’m all set to go. The doll not only has to be in the shape of Italy, but the islands of Sicily and Sardinia must be included as well – hey, that’s why they call it a challenge! I’ll be immersing myself in the culture of Italy for awhile. I think I’ll watch Enchanted April (again!) just to get myself in the mood...

No comments: