Monday, April 25, 2005

Grandmom Munn

I was lucky enough to inherit some lovely old family photographs and have been playing with them in PhotoShop. This is an image of my grandmother, Mary Munn. She was such a little sweetie, but very strait-laced. My fondest memory of her is from the time she lived with us in her older years. One day, we were watching television together and an actress was dancing rather provocatively and singing, “Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets.” Well it was too much for poor Grandmom! She said, “I’m not sure what Lola wants, but what she needs is a good kick in the sitdown!” There was something about the seriousness with which she said it that struck me funny (I was about twelve or so) and I started giggling and then she started giggling, too. To this day, whenever I think about that incident, I laugh out loud. Anyway, I’m sure this little photo will find its way into a crazy quilt of mine, someday… In the meantime, anyone who may have stumbled upon this post is more than welcome to use it in a CQ project, altered book, collage, whatever… Grandmom would be tickled.

Grandmom Munn

No comments: