Friday, June 03, 2005

Snowballs in Spring and Little Hitty

Looking at these big snowballs (from my foundation-planted Viburnum bush) in June reminds me of all the work I need to do to get my Santa dolls ready for the upcoming Christmas season. In addition to the new Shanty Clauses with their own web site, I’ll be adding a few Santas to my Just Clauses site. One will be a Father Christmas holding a Hitty doll that can be removed for dollhouse play and then placed back in Santa’s arms for safekeeping. Below is a painted cloth Hitty of my own design. Her classic hairdo is sculpted from Delight modeling compound. That is just the coolest stuff! Once gesso is applied, transition from cloth to clay is pretty much seamless. I need to get busy and make her a little holiday dress.

Viburnum Flowers

3 comments:

Conni said...

Thanks, Torren. I sent you an e-mail. I just had a look at your orchids. They are gorgeous - wish I had the knack...

Unknown said...

Hi Connie; Thanks for the kind words about my Godiva. I really miss her. I love the snowball. I've always called them snowballs. YOur Santa's are really impressive too.

Conni said...

Thanks so much for your comment, Maryellen - take care...