Monday, June 20, 2005

Bargains and Thrift Store Finds

Last Friday’s visit with my sister was so much fun and yielded so many treasures! After a delicious lunch at the local diner, we went to the going-out-of-business sale at the craft store and I bought two big bags of polyfil, some fancy tulle in beautiful shades for making Fantasy Fabric, floral accessories, small Christmas ornaments for my Santa dolls to hold and some 18 count aida cloth to experiment with for machine cross stitch embroidery. We also went to the local thrift store and, for the first time in my life, I bought second-hand clothes! I got the coolest long denim dress and a belted denim vest ($2.50 each!) and DH got a shirt, unworn, with the manufacturer’s tags still on it, for $3.00! Hokey smokes! But the piece de resistance was the ivory chenille twin sized bedspread I got for making Santa outfits for $4.00.

I am finished the first lesson of the fiber collage course. How freeing it is to take big, uneven stitches, on purpose! I’m having a great time with this…

No comments: