Friday, April 15, 2011

A New Dress for Gene...

I made this dress yesterday from the very first Gene doll pattern I ever purchased a few years ago. It was designed by Gerry Broerman and inspired by a vintage Vogue pattern. Don’t know why it took me so long to get to it! It was easy to sew and fits her beautifully. The fabric I used was vintage handkerchief linen (from my mom’s old stash). The belt was made from a strip of bonded leather pulled through a doll-sized buckle. I love how it accents Gene’s tiny waist.

2 comments:

Kathleen From Eggs In My Pocket said...

She's just lovely! The green goes well with her auburn hair! blessings,Kathleen

Kathleen From Eggs In My Pocket said...

Just dropped back by to wish you a happy Easter! blessings,Kathleen