Wednesday, October 28, 2009

One Less WIP...

I finally finished up my “Harvest Gourds” mixed media embroidery by adding beads and a little more detail to the leaves. And I found a wonderfully funky (but elegant) vintage wooden frame for it that can be hung on the wall or placed on a table. I purchased the gold trimmed mat in Michael’s and am very happy with the way it provides a nice breathing space between the artwork and the glass. I’m going to get more of these mats, I think, for embroidered pieces that I want to frame.

2 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

It's a good idea to have the space between especially for your stitch work. Your stitching is beautiful and the frame just pulls the color out to the eye! Just lovely. blessings,Kathleen

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Beautiful!! Perfect frame. C