Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Studio in Progress...

I’ve been, over the past couple of months, moving my art/sewing studio upstairs into DH’s old office space. It’s been taking a lot longer than expected, and I am by no means finished, but below is a little glimpse of my new room, so far. I still have more books and boxes of fabric to bring upstairs. The furniture is old and belonged to DH. We think all of his clutter actually protected these tables because they are nearly pristine. And, as you can see, my various and sundry machines fit very well. I actually have less space than I had before, but it’s so much better organized. I love working in here! Notice the dollhouse in the corner – a joyful impulse buy last year from Target (and a steal at $69.95)! And on one of the shelves, a few of my poor girls are all lined up in their skivvies waiting for their mom to sew for them! The big bolt of fabric (partially seen on the left, under the window) just arrived the other day from JoAnn’s and is twenty yards of PFD Kona cotton. I was down to my last eight inch square piece!

This room is right next to my music/TV room – so it will be convenient to navigate between the two spaces. Most of all, I am hoping all of this organization will lead to more productivity…

2 comments:

allie aller said...

Such an inviting space!

Love your Kitteh wallpaper on your computer, too. ;-)

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Oh, I just love it.....it makes me want to come in,sit down and start creating! It looks like you have good lighting as well! Enjoy your space! blessings,Kathleen