I combined the new fitted skirt pattern with the vest pattern I made for my Ellowyne doll last year to create a basic summer ensemble from some scraps of khaki cotton. Ellowyne thought the outfit needed a little pizzazz so we added a big “brooch.” It’s actually a cheap plastic button from my stash. I simply used wire cutters to snip off the shank (so the button would lie flat). Easy! I’ll definitely be going through my junk button box to see what can be used as doll jewelry. It’s strange I hadn’t thought of cutting off the shanks of buttons before, because it really opens up a whole new world of embellishment possibilities.