Friday, May 09, 2008

ATC Backgrounds

The other day, I treated myself to Bernie Berlin’s fantastic book on creating ATCs, Artist Trading Card Workshop. It is chock full of simple and effective background ideas that could also be translated to altered book pages and collage. I took a little time (and I do mean little) and played with the painted and torn paper towel technique. One ply of one paper towel yielded enough scraps to cover six cards (with scraps leftover). Here are mine, ready to stamp and embellish… Fun!

4 comments:

JoWynn Johns said...

It looks like fun. I've saved used hand wipes, which when dried out are softer and a bit thicker than paper towels. I've even stitched on one. Maybe some day I'll get to playing with them.

Frances said...

lovely colour and texture, I like the nature sketch in the previous post too,

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

oooh, I love that textured look! So pretty. After you embellish them be sure to show us! Beautiful work! blessings, Kathleen

Conni said...

Thanks, JoWynn, Frances and Kathleen!