Friday, March 28, 2008

Evil Kitties...and an Important Phone Number

I have been ill (again) for the past few days (really nasty sore throat and fever followed by the Mother-of-all-Colds!) and sent DH out to pick up a few things at the supermarket on Monday night. One of those things was liquid laundry detergent. He left it on a chair in the kitchen and, sometime during the night, the kittens knocked it over. The top came off and when he got up to put more wood in the stove he saw the liquid spread all over the kitchen floor. Trixie (our littlest one) was drenched in it and licking herself off (!) and Blake and Binky were playing in it. By the time I woke up, DH had already bathed all three of them, cleaned the floor and been on the phone with our vet and the ASPCA Poison Control Center. It was $60.00 for the phone call and another $40.00 for the meds – plus the cost of the wasted laundry detergent. We were supposed to watch them for twenty-four hours to make sure they weren’t drooling or lethargic. I’m happy to report that they are doing fine… and I’m doing better, myself. We have raised many cats over a thirty-four year period and have never seen the kind of havoc these kittens can wreak! Bad, bad Kitties…

ASPCA Poison Control Center: 800-548-2423

4 comments:

verobirdie said...

Good that they did not poison themselves... But how could they get the plug out? They are usually quite difficult to take off...
Good that you are feeling better too.

Conni said...

Thanks, Vero. DH said the cap must have broken when the bottle hit the floor. Anyway, we were very relieved that they were all okay.

Sharkeysday said...

Oh dear! Aren't things like that stressful! I'm so glad they're ok!

Frances said...

I am pleased you and the kittens are all fine in the end but what a mischivious trio they are,