Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sewing for Gene...

Awhile back, I mentioned that I had started collecting Gene dolls, based upon the film stars of the thirties and forties I found a seller on EBAY who was liquidating some old store stock for a friend and I got brand new dolls, never removed from their boxes, for $25.00 each! I bought four different ones (I could kick myself for not buying more, but I was exercising restraint!). I also bought some clothing patterns and finally carved out some time to start sewing for them. This is a simple leotard made from a cheetah print knit (with an Angora fur texture). My “American Countess” Gene is modeling. The original pattern is meant to be the basis of a skating or dance outfit – but I think it might be a nice layering piece under a suit.

No comments: