Friday, August 10, 2007

Create Your Own Radio Station!

A very nice and helpful person named Terry left a comment on my previous post (where I was grousing about the unjust demise of The Christmas Radio Network) with a link to a music site called Pandora, where you can create your own radio station (or multiple stations) made up of your favorite types and styles of music. I tried it out, today, and it is way cool! I typed in the song, “Silent Night.” It gave me a list of artists with different versions of that song. I chose “The Irish Rovers.” From that choice, a station was created for me with other Christmas songs from multiple artists, all with a folksy acoustic feel; like Jewel, James Taylor, Sarah McLachlan, etc. What fun! You can even bookmark your favorites! This is all based on data from The Music Genome Project which can be read about here. As I always say, “Ain’t technology grand?”

1 comment:

Rodrigo said...

not is a radio station, just is a playlist tha make with some songs that u can find in pandora and other sites, u can't speak, just is a playlist that u can put in your myspace or hi5...