Monday, April 09, 2007

TAST: Bonnet Stitch ATC and Santa News!

The background is felted wool roving - with matching variegated rayon FME on top. I used the bonnet stitch to couch down coordinating novelty yarn. I very much enjoyed working with this stitch (a new stitch for me) and I’m sure it will find its way into future embroidered pieces.

On the Santa Claus front, I have two nearly finished for 2007– I’m lagging behind schedule a bit (the poor dears are sitting here in their birthday suits…) But I do have some exciting news to report! My Shanty Claus pattern will be featured in the upcoming "Christmas in July" issue of Australian Homespun magazine. I was contacted last July by the managing editor and had to have the completed project in Oz by February. That is such a lovely publication and I am just “over the moon” about being included in it!

5 comments:

Dianne said...

This sample is wonderful Connie! Congratulations on having one of your Santas in Homespun Mag. It is a very popular magazine here in Oz. I will have to keep an eye out for it.

Pat said...

Concratulations on being published, and I like this piece, unusual colours and lovely texture.

Grangry said...

Connie, this is gorgeous. I like the colour, the composition, the texture and the flawless stitching! Congratulations on being in print, Wow! you are famous!

Conni said...

Thanks, Dianne, Pat and Kay! Hehe - my fifteen minutes of fame at last!

Micki said...

Lovely stitching and Congratulations on being in the magazine.