Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Uriah is Going Home...

I sold Uriah on EBAY last night. I hadn’t really planned to use EBAY as a venue. But it’s so exciting! I worked on a couple more Santas today and hope to have them finished soon.

Uriah

And I still haven’t done my lesson on painting on fusible web and I really want to do that. And this week’s lesson is printing with jello – don’t ask! It looks pretty interesting, though, I must say…

Below is a little sample of monoprint painting. This was an alternative sketch from the Fiber Collage class (which is being taught again in January, I think). This is a time-consuming process, but great fun! And I can see where it could be a useful method of printing on future projects. I will finish this piece with embroidery and beads at some point.

Monoprint Painting

3 comments:

Grangry said...

He is a bit super, isn't he. I know its your job, but how can you bear to part with them? I couldn't sell Doris, but maybe its because she's my 'first'. Mind you, I'm very attached to all the bugs as well.

Thanks for the fascinating series of fabric prints - following it with great interest.

Conni said...

Thanks, Kay Susan. It has been hard to see the boys go. I’m just glad they’re going to good homes where they will be loved - and where they will become part of someone’s family holiday traditions.

I love the monoprinting course. I have barely scratched the surface (no pun intended!). There are a few projects in each lesson, plus Susan gives us extra projects in the forum. I haven’t tried discharge printing with bleach (like you used on Doris’s amazing ensemble!) but I may try drawing on fabric with a Clorox Bleach pen.

Unknown said...

Hello! I found you through your listing for Leonard and have been to your website too. Your work is fabulous!
I belong to a yahoo group called vintage cloth dollmaking (sister group on ebay called vintage cloth doll artists) and our current challenge is a vintage type Santa! Your work is the perfect inspiration! I'd like to ask you about the needle sculpting on your santas if I may. I know you're busy, but do you have a minute to email me? It's bettsi_mccombATyahooDOTcom. I hope to hear from you. Thank you so much!