Thursday, August 04, 2005

Zale

Here’s a sneak preview of my newest Shanty Clause, “Zale.” His name is Greek and means sea-strength. I guess that makes him a Sea Shanty Clause! He’s wearing a double breasted jacket made from an old piece of aqua upholstery fabric with a shell design. The jacket is trimmed with six vintage, mismatched mother-of-pearl buttons. The fabric’s fringe acts as a trim down the side of his jacket and I finished the hem edges by hand with a blanket stitch. His pants are made from an old seafoam green chenille bedspread. A shell and tassel trim his cap.

Zale

2 comments:

Mary-Frances said...

Your Santas are so fantastic...do you really make them this quickly?

Conni said...

Thanks, Mary-Frances. No, to me they seem to take forever – but I just work on them a little bit at a time, in between design work and other projects.