Saturday, July 21, 2012
A Little More Progress on Swashbuckling Santa
I made the pants from black and white ticking. The boots were made from a gorgeous piece of distressed faux leather. That stuff is a little tricky to work with. In my first attempts, the thread kept breaking. Then, I did a little research on the web and learned that you must use a heavier thread than usual on the top. All I had in brown was some old hand quilting cotton - and it worked like a charm. I also had some problems with slippage but I corrected that by smearing the tiniest amount of Yes glue inside the seam allowances before I sewed. Now, I love sewing with this fabric!