Saturday, January 09, 2010

2010 Monthly Experiment (January): Fabric Paper

Well, give me a little paper, paint, fabric and glue and I’m happy. This is my first experiment making fabric paper – what fun! (This is meant to be cut up and used for postcard and ATC backgrounds with added stitch and/or collage elements.) I put all of the cats in the bedroom and worked at the kitchen table last night for a little while – and what a fine mess I made! There are a few sources of instructions for this (and a couple of variations) on the web. The Quilting Arts web site has Beryl Taylor’s instructions, here. And Arlee Barr has a wonderful tutorial, here. Got to play with this some more...


3 comments:

Frances said...

Conni this is beautiful how can you bear to cut it up?

I have found I am missing an ingredient for my monthly experiment so have to wait before I can finished,

Allison Ann Aller said...

It is lovely but hard to imagine hand stitching through it. Do you just use your machine for that?

Robin said...

This turned out great. I have been meaning to try this so thanks for the resources.