Saturday, April 18, 2009

Snake!

This is my first stab at the Casalguidi stitch… what fun! For the base, I used a narrow scrap of felt instead of bundled thread. And for the stem stitches, I used variegated rayon thread.

I haven’t done much stitching in the past week or so. I have a ganglion cyst on the index finger of my left hand (I’m left-handed) and it broke open while I was gardening. It was looking pretty nasty and I wanted to keep it clean and bandaged for awhile so it wouldn’t open up again. It just about drove me nuts not to be able to draw or play with a needle and thread…

2 comments:

kay susan said...

Good idea to use felt instead of a thread bundle! Hope the hand is better, sounds painful.

Kathleen from Eggs In My Pocket said...

Just love it! Hope your finger gets better! Blessings,Kathleen