Monday, September 03, 2007

TAST: Shisha Embroidery

This was another fun stitch I had never tried before. When Sharon announced this stitch last week, I looked it up in a back issue (Spring 2002) of Quilting Arts magazine, thinking I would like to try the wonderful variations provided. And, almost immediately, I misplaced the magazine. I looked high and low for it all week and then decided I’d better just produce something. And, naturally, as soon as I finished this simple little ATC, the magazine turned up. Sheesh-a!

3 comments:

Dy said...

How absolutely gorgeous!! I love your colour schemes and particularly the way you frame your sections with black stitching - really striking. Love it!

JoWynn Johns said...

Very dramatic. I love what you do with colors. And you even found another use for sheesha LOL!

Conni said...

Thanks so much Dy and Jowynn for your nice comments!