Thursday, March 09, 2006

Vintage Hankie (Stash Sunday)

I posted this to Stash Sunday at Flickr and forgot to post it here, too. This is a vintage hankie with a corded, embroidered initial and cutwork corner. If you look closely at the detail, you can see a very pretty scalloped "shadow" inside the “E” and the surrounding design motifs. I bought this at an antique store a few years ago with the intention of making something for dear MIL. Since I haven’t been able to bring myself to cut into it, I’ll probably just tie it around a jar to make an informal vase for flowers. I saw that idea in a book I have, Affordable Heirlooms (Creative Sewing with Old and New Linens). Goodness! I just linked to that book on Amazon and you can get it for as little as a penny! It’s a great book!

Vintage Hankie

No comments: